Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Ransomware Incident Update 5.12.2023
This morning, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) provided brokers and employers with a progress update that includes the following information.
We were reminded that Tufts Health Plan, Tufts Medicare Preferred, Tufts Health Public Plans and CarePartners of Connecticut systems remain accessible.
As of May 12, HPHC has made progress and implemented temporary solutions in the following areas:
- Maintained customer call centers and expanded Member Services teams to support urgent and ongoing inquiries
- Removed all prior authorizations and utilization management criteria (non-pharmacy medical and behavioral health only)
- Continued communications to the provider community to support member’s care
- Implemented temporary processes for:
- Eligibility and enrollments, including temporary member ID cards
- Billing & payments
- Continued support through SmartStart for prospective and new members
Path to Recovery:
HPHC’s commitment to restoration remains focused in the critical areas of eligibility, payment processing (for providers and other partners), enrollments and renewals. And, while they still have work to ensure the safety and security of these core functions, they expect to bring these platforms back online in the next few weeks. As they do this, they will offer validation of the stability and security for these channels of data exchange and transactions.
Latest updates and FAQs can be viewed here: point32health.org/systemupdate. Additional support is also available from various service teams:
- Employer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member Services: For urgent assistance, current members should call the member services number on their ID card or 888-333-4742.
- SmartStart: For pre-enrollment support, new members can email SmartStart@harvardpilgrim.org.