Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Cyber Security Ransomware Incident Update 4/27/2023
As Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) continues to investigate the recent cybersecurity ransomware incident and work to restore systems, services, and tools, below please find some key updates and useful information.
As a reminder, this incident does not impact systems and services supporting commercial group clients and members of Tufts Health Plan.
Services & Support: Temporary Client Enrollment Process and Member ID Cards
Effective immediately, HPHC has established a temporary process to enroll new members. This applies to new clients as well as adding members to existing clients. This process should be used for enrollments with effective dates of up to June 1, 2023:
- Complete all fields of the attached enrollment template or enrollment form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or via secure/encrypted email to email@example.com. A confirmation email will be sent from point32heath.com to verify eligibility when a member requests enrollment.
- Temporary member ID cards will be generated daily as enrollments are processed. Members with urgent access to care issues will be able to receive an eligibility letter immediately.
- Once the enrollment is processed, members should receive a temporary member ID card within 5-7 calendar days. The temporary ID cards look similar to current HP cards; however, the ID number will start with P3 rather than our standard HP. Permanent ID cards will be issued once the system outage is resolved.
- Please note: HPHC is in the process of notifying providers and pharmacies regarding the use of the temporary ID numbers to help ensure easier access to care for members.
- Providers may submit claims using the temporary ID number; however, HPHC cannot process claims and update accumulators (e.g., deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum amounts) until a permanent ID number is assigned.
Updated information, including resources and frequently asked questions, will continue to be posted on HPHC’s website www.point32health.org/systemupdate.
For additional questions and support, contact the HPHC service teams:
- Member Services: For urgent assistance, current members should call the member services number on their ID card or 800-260-0574.
- SmartStart: For pre-enrollment support, new members should email SmartStart@harvardpilgrim.org
Please continue to check NEEBCo.com/news or contact your Account Manager for additional updates as they become available.